Friday, January 9, 2009

Silver Palate Stuffed tomatoes





My contribution to Christmas Dinner this year was stuffed tomatoes. Cousin Sandy provided the recipe from The Silver Palate Cookbook. I don't know why I have such a mental block on that book - but I do. I always enjoy it when someone cooks for me from there....So, must get over mysterious aversion.

I learned a GREAT thing from this recipe - how to properly core and seed tomatoes. Who knew it was so easy? I sure didn't. All you need to do is use the handle of a teaspoon to scoop out the insides.

Finally, the leftovers make a killer diller quiche. I'll post it separately.

Really, this is the finally finally....I think there is a quicker way to make this filling. It doesn't need to take an hour...I'll think about some short cuts and post them later.






No comments: