Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another Simple Weeknight Pasta Dinner

I've done it AGAIN! Another great easy to make pasta dinner.

1) Put large pot of water onto boil. Add LOTS of salt
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3) put 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes that have been rinsed onto a baking sheet
4) sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper and a good glug of olive oil - pop them in the oven and let them roast while your pasta cooks.
5) cook your pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain and reserve a cup or two of the pasta water.
6) toss the tomatoes in with your pasta, add in about 10 basil leaves that have been cut up. If needed, add some of the reserved pasta water
7) finish with some fresh pepper and grated Parmesan.

I have an organic olive oil that someone gave me as a gift - so I used a drizzle of that to finish. Nice, but not necessary!

SERVE!

I know I had posted a similar easy pasta dinner earlier - and there was some interesting feedback about how it needed meat. This dish would be great as a side dish to a nice piece of fish or chicken.

Enjoy!

No comments: