Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's about the method - not the recipe

Ok, I've recently had a light bulb come on over my head. It is kind of a simple idea, one I've heard from other people, but just recently figured out how it applies to me and how I cook. Once you are comfortable with a recipe - any recipe - part of the fun is figuring out how to mix it up and still get a great result.

Quiche
- store bought prerolled pie dough (this stuff is a miracle)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- filling - this can be any combination of meat/cheese/veggies - works great for leftovers. I recently made this using the leftover spinach stuffing from the ricotta stuffed tomatoes. I've also done it with a bacon and cheese filling.

Preheat the oven to 375 and bake whatever you've cooked up for 40 minutes.

One of the tricks to this is to use a 9" cake pan instead of a pie plate. Line the pan like you would with a pie plate. Why? You end up with a "deep dish" quiche. Much more manly.

No comments: