Friday, December 12, 2008

Why I Blog


My mom had this very 1970s recipe card file box (it was some cool green and yellow paisley swirly affair). Someone had taken the time to type up recipes on 3x5 note cards. They were sticky from years of love. There were also all sorts of recipes in there that had been ripped out of magazines...
My gran had a cookbook that was a wedding gift. Over the next 70 years, she added all sorts of recipes to it...and commentary. The thing is falling apart from all the love...
Well, my blog aspires to be that... a catalog of recipes our family enjoys. there are definately some misfires...and some huge hits. I've just gotten started with it - but am having fun trying to figure it out.
I've been following some other cooking blogs that do a great job photographing the cooking process. But, this is more...rustic. It is theraphy for me in a weird way...

No comments: