Friday, September 26, 2008

Mac-N-Peas

I hate to admit this, but I have bowed down to the powers that be...Little Mister's current love for all things Kraft Mac n'Cheese. I'm not proud of this...but when we were recently at Costco and I did the mental math and a box of this ooooooy-gooooey-color-not-found-in-nature goodness was only $0.50 per box....well, I gave in. We now have a case of it in our pantry. To assuage my guilt over feeding my kids this stuff, I decided to throw in a bag of frozen mixed veggies while I was cooking it. Low and behold, it took this not from nature goo into a delicious treat. I'm sure this isn't an original idea - but for someone who cooks from scratch and worries about making sure our kids eat healthy, it makes me feel better. I've discovered that it works well with peas, or broccoli. The cool thing about the mixed veg is they are cut small enough that Little Miss can easily eat and enjoy.

2 comments:

slkooiman said...

I really dig the Mac n Cheese with peas combo too. It's not just for kids!

Mrs Sunday's Soup said...

I know, but what a NERD just figuring it out now...at the ripe old age of 38. I've been living under a rock reading Bon Appetite too long :)